Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hoppípolla - Sigur Rós

First it was featured in the “Children of Men” trailer, then it was used in the concluding scene of “Penelope,” then the “Slumdog Millionaire” advertisement, now “Earth?” I mean, I can understand why the track is suddenly becoming so popular. It’s epic, dynamic, hopeful, sorrowful, joyful, and nostalgic all at once. If I worked in the movie trailer business I would have used this music ages ago.

But COME ON. The song was released nearly four years ago and Sigur Rós has offered dozens of other songs that would be wonderfully fitting in advertisements. I’m worried that Hoppípolla, one of my favorite songs, is becoming a bit...redundant. Too bad, because it truly is gorgeous.


Children of Men - Hoppípolla begins at 1:38


Slumdog Millionaire – Hoppípolla begins at 1:11


Earth – Hoppípolla begins at 1:05

No comments:

Post a Comment